When I am craving comfort food it’s almost always pasta! One of my favorites is shrimp alfredo. I love making it with penne pasta rather than fettuccine because the sauce seeps down into the cavities in the penne pasta, and well, isn’t that reason enough?!
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 stick real butter (salted)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 Cups freshly grated parmesan cheese (only use fresh, pre-shredded will not melt smooth)
- 2 Cups freshly grated mozzarella cheese (again, freshly shredded is best)
- About 7 ounces of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 pound penne pasta (cooked/drained)
Cook pasta according to package directions/drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet (over medium heat) add the butter, ghee, garlic, lemon juice, basil and heavy cream. heat just until steaming. Reduce heat (to prevent boiling) and add in the freshly grated cheese. Whisk until the cheese is melted. Add in the shrimp and sun dried tomatoes and cook until heated through. Once heated through add in the cooked pasta along with a drizzle of the pasta water and allow to cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Serve with additional freshly grated parmesan.
Much Love-The Glitzy Gourmet!