When I think of chili, two words come to mind; “Thick” and “Hearty”! I have never been a fan of chili “soup” or whatever you call that chili “with maccaroni”. To me, chili has a thick consistency, is loaded with meat and beans and is something that sticks to your ribs! No judgement if soup and noodles is your preferance, all I ask is that you give this a try! I promise you’ll be hooked!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 15.5 ounce cans pinto beans
- 1 10 ounce can tomato soup
- 1/2 of a 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (You can add more or less. This is mild to warm)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
Begin by dicing your onion. Add the onion and ground beef to a large skillet. Cook over medium high heat browning and crumbling the ground beef. Meanwhile, in a large pot, add all reamining ingredients except the lime juice, butter and sugar. Once the beef/onion mixture is browned and crumbled and it into the pot. Stir well to combine and simmer over medium low heat until the beans are tender and the flavors have come together. (about 45-60 minutes). Before serving, add the butter, sugar and lime juice. Top with shredded cheese and tabasco, if desired. Serve with Sweet Skillet Cornbread! – The Glitzy Gourmet or saltine crackers.
If you didn’t order that mix and chop yet, I don’t know what you are waiting for! It makes for easy work when you are browning meat!
Please keep in mind I may earn commissions from affiliate links, ad clicks and purchases made from links posted on this site.
As always, I hope you enjoy!
Stay tuned for my Sweet Skillet Cornbread! – The Glitzy Gourmet!
Much Love- The Glitzy Gourmet!