I have had multiple requests for my breakfast potato recipe. If you have been following me long, you know that I do brunch every weekend. This recipe is a staple in my house, and I make these very often. As with all of my recipes, this one has been developed over time. I love the complex flavor combination these provide and the fact that they pair perfectly with any other breakfast dish, makes them a winner!!
- Potatoes (I used 2 extra large russet potatoes. if yours are regular size, I would use 4)
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 Tablespoon bacon grease (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
Peel your potatoes and dice small. In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt the butter and bacon grease. Add in the potatoes and remaining ingredients (except the lemon juice and parsley). Saute over medium low heat, turning occasionally, until they are nicely browned and tender. Add in lemon juice and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
I hope you enjoy!
Much Love- The Glitzy Gourmet!