I have been making this casserole for my family for over 30 years! I had someone request a recipe for it this evening so I whipped up a batch so I could post it. The original recipe was handed down to me by my Mom but I have tweaked it multiple times over the years. This version is my favorite!
- 1 16 ounce package of bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 5 ounce can tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, add the soup, milk, celery salt, celery seed, dried parsley and cheese. Heat over medium low until cheese is melted. Drain the pasta and return to its pot, add in the soup mixture and stir to combine. Add in the tuna and stir to combine. Add in the miracle whip and stir to combine. Pour mixture into a large casserole, Top with 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese and the fresh chopped parsley. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Stir before serving.
As always, I hope you enjoy!
Much Love- The Glitzy Gourmet!
1 reply »